Another Mine is a minesweeper "clone" for Mac OS X written in Cocoa. I wrote it because I thought it would be simple enough to do and because I wanted to learn a bit about Objective-C and the Cocoa API, that and I did not like any of the (many) others out there.
Please send any comments you may have to anothermine at willshex dot com. Note though that the application is under development and I will not be held liable for any damage it may cause.
Thanks for trying Another Mine.
29-10-10: Release 0.9.11
- Changed scores url to willshex.com domain.
05-10-10: Release 0.9.10
- Added icon to image bundle drop-down.
- Users can now select their own button colours, while the previous stock interface is default and still fully supported.
- Using command+A users can invoke the auto-solver, which attempts to solve the current mine puzzle.
14-09-10: Release 0.9.9
- Fixed an intermittent crash bug when posting to the online scores service.
- Fixed a bug that meant that the user's high score was being discarded if they went to the high scores page from the application.
- When a user changes their online score name it is now remembered for future use (but will still default to the user profile full name).
13-09-10: Release 0.9.8
- Added the ability for users to save their scores online and even though there is no way to view the scores within the application, scores can be viewed online !! Not available any more :( !! Please note that this functionality is switched off by default.
- Fixed a bug in the previous release that caused the local high scores not to work (thanks to Michel Cordin and Alex Peterson).
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to set very low scores because time rolled over after 999 seconds had passed (thanks to Alex Peterson).
- Image sets no longer have to be complete to work, missing images will be loaded from the default bundle.
20-12-09: Release 0.9.6
- Added ability to user different image sets (this is still really primitive).
- Added really simple preferences panel to allow the selection of image bundle to use and change previously introduced animation setting.
- Added local high scores table.
09-03-09: Release 0.9.5
- Added Sparkle support to allow for automatic updates.
01-06-08: Release 0.9.4
- Fixed a bug that showed a button being pressed selected twice during the auto-discover chain reaction animation.
- Added a setting in com.WillShex.AnotherMine.plist: "animate". This will allow a user to switch off the chain reaction animation to save time (thanks to Jason Tan). Please note that the setting is set to true by default and there is no way to change it through the application (yet). So, to switch the animation off, you are going to have to get your hands dirty.
16-03-08: Release 0.9.2
- Added image pre-loader to speed up image display.
- Custom challenge now works up to 24 x 30 x 710 mines.
- Ctrl+click for flagging mines instead of just right click (thanks to Samantha Niesen).
06-03-08: Release 0.9.0 (first public)
- 3 levels of difficulty (beginner, intermediate expert).
- Exclude all regions but surrounding ones, using space.
- Auto discover surrounding regions, using single click when all mines have been predicted.
- Verify compatibility with versions of Mac OS X (currently 10.5+).
- Implement resolution independence for Mac OS X 10.5+.
- Complete hall of fame.
- Create help files with some rules for people who struggle with how to play the game, and maybe with some of the app features.
- Fix outstanding bugs.